"YES to Vets"
Yoga Education and Service to Veterans
We provide on-going yoga classes in the community
at no charge for our veterans and their families.
We've chosen powerful, evidence-based yoga practices,
and we adapt all the practices
to best suit each veteran
and the unique challenges they face.
*** NEW CLASS!! ***
Pike YMCA Monday evenings 6:45 - 8:15 pm.
This is a more physically challenging class than our two current classes. We'll do all the same powerful inner practices like the breathing, eye focus, internal energy gateways and present moment awareness... as well as poses like triangle, planks and down dog. We sit on the floor rather than use chairs. We're having a wonderful time, please join us!
New to yoga - OK!
In our 2010 VA-funded research study for veterans
with stroke injuries, all of our participants said
they would recommend yoga to family and friends.
Yoga is a non-invasive,
to many of the challenges our veterans face
What We Offer
- Yoga classes in the community at no charge designed for veterans
- An evidence-based practice used in our successful research studies through the
Roudebush Veterans Administration, Indpls
- Practices that target:
pain, sleep, balance, stress and self-regulation
- Experienced yoga teachers and assistants providing individual help
- Family is also welcome free of charge
- A friendly group of 10 - 18 other veterans welcoming you to class!